DIY lOTION bARS
Solid Lotion + Massage Bar
A great alternative to massage oil, massage bars are easy to use and are made with butters such as cocoa butter, shea butter, mango kernel butter and avocado butter which help promote elasticity and excellent for reducing the appearance of stretch marks. In addition to the carefully chosen essential oils and butters, some of our massage bars have delicious ingredients such as honey, and chocolate. Glide the bar against your skin and the butters will start to slowly melt with the heat of your skin.
Massage is the manipulation of muscles and other soft tissues for the relief of various conditions and has been long considered beneficial for good health. Whether you massage the soft tissues of the body with your hands, elbows or knuckles, the therapeutic effects of massage help to relieve stress, manage pain, and improve circulation.
If you are the DIY type then here is a recipe to try for yourself!
rECIPE oNE: Original
1 part coconut oil
1 part shea butter, cocoa butter or mango butter
1 part beeswax
rECIPE 2: Orange Honey Lotion Bars
1 1/2 TBSP Raw Honey
2 Ounces Beeswax
2 Ounces Shea Butter
2 Ounces Coconut Oil
8 Drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
How to Make:
1. Combine all ingredients (except essential oils if using) in a double boiler, or a glass bowl over a smaller saucepan with 1 inch of water in it.
2. Turn the burner on and bring water to a boil. Stir ingredients constantly until they are melted and smooth
3. Remove from heat and add the essential oils. Gently stir by hand until essential oils are incorporated.
4. Carefully pour into molds or whatever you will be allowing the lotion bars to harden in.
5. Allow the lotion bars to cool completely before attempting to pop out of molds. These could be made in different shaped molds for different holiday gifts (hearts for valentines, flowers for Mother’s day, etc.) or made in a square baking pan and then cut into actual bars.
Enjoy! Let me know if you made them and how they turned out for you!
#dIY #lOTIONbARS #sKINCARE #sKINFOOD #uRBANwHIP #uRBANwHIPllc
- Danielle Lasit