Navigating the Natural Deodorant Transition: Tips and Tricks (Part 2)
Introduction: The Journey Continues
In Part 1, we delved into the changes your armpits undergo when switching from conventional deodorants to natural ones. Now, let's explore some practical suggestions to ease your transition into the world of plant-based underarm care.
Part 2: Embracing the Change
For many, the shift to natural deodorants is seamless, while others might face an adjustment period. In this installment, we offer insights and tips to navigate the transition successfully.
The First Steps: Bid Farewell to Conventional Deodorants
- Discontinuing your regular antiperspirant or deodorant is the crucial first step.
- Consider going au naturel for a few days (or longer if possible) before making the switch. This brief detox period can be beneficial.
Managing Increased Sweat Production
- Embrace the fact that sweating is a natural process. Unlike antiperspirants that block pores, natural deodorants allow your underarms to function as designed.
- Increased perspiration might occur initially, but it will balance out in a week or two. To manage, keep skin folds dry and consider using organic talc-free powders or our aRMPIT dEODORANT pOWDERS to absorb excess moisture.
- Opt for natural fiber clothing to wick away moisture, and avoid tight-fitting clothes.
Addressing Transitional Increase in Odor
- As discussed in Part 1, you might experience a temporary change in underarm odor due to shifts in bacterial populations.
- Combat odor by keeping armpits dry, using aRMPIT dETOX kITS, washing thoroughly with natural soap, staying hydrated, wearing natural fiber fabrics, and adjusting your diet temporarily.
Deodorant Application: The Art of Precision
- Proper application is key to natural deodorant success. Apply a small amount; less is more.
- Using your fingers allows for better control. Scoop a pea-sized amount, warm it between fingers, and gently massage into the skin until it's no longer visible.
- For NATURAL STICK DEODORANT, warm the product against the skin for a smoother application. Apply a thin, even coat.
Shaving Irritation Management
- Shaving in the armpit area can be challenging. Minimize irritation by using a clean, fresh razor, adding slip with natural soap or oil, and moisturizing afterward.
- Shave at night and apply deodorant in the morning to allow overnight healing and prevent irritation.
Baking Soda Sensitivity: A Gentle Approach
- While baking soda is effective against odor, some may be sensitive. If unsure, wait before incorporating it into your routine.
- If sensitivity arises, apply to clean, dry skin, wash before bed, and allow the deodorant to warm up before application.
- Consider alternatives like baking soda-free formulas or our uRBANpITS uNDERARM dEODORANT lIQUOR iNFUSION.
Conclusion: Embrace the Journey
Transitioning to natural deodorants requires patience and experimentation. Finding the right product may take time, but the journey is worth it for a healthier, more sustainable underarm care routine.
Parting Note: Your Skin, Your Choice
- Natural deodorants are not one-size-fits-all. Each person's body chemistry is unique.
- Read and understand ingredient labels to avoid irritants.
- Experiment with different deodorants and give each a few weeks before deciding.
- Trust your skin—if irritation persists, consult a healthcare professional.
Remember, embracing the natural path is a personal choice. What works for one may not work for another, but with persistence and an open mind, you'll discover the perfect natural deodorant for you. Happy transitioning!
- Danielle Lasit