oKRA bENEFITS iN sKINCARE
Okra-derived micronutrients also help maintain the health of our skin. It is rich in vitamin C and collagen, making it supremely important for skin health and upkeep. The benefits include healthier looking skin with fewer fine lines and dark spots. Okra’s antioxidant properties also help reduce the levels of inflammation in the body and skin. The internet is replete with okra “hacks” and DIY okra skincare recipes that you can try to avail its amazing benefits for your skin.
Try this oKRA acne face mask
- First of all wash the okra and grind it in a mixer jar.
- Now take this paste in a bowl and add half a teaspoon of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and mix well.
- Now mix this paste well, so that everything mixes well in the past.
- Then you can apply this paste to the skin. Let it rest for 20-30 minutes and wash the face after it dries.
- This will help clear all pimples from your face and get rid of pimples. You can apply this mask 2 times a week.
OKRA not only hydrates and protects, it actually eliminates wrinkles and leaves them with supple, smooth, gorgeous skin.
- 2 cups of chopped okra
- jojoba oil or your favorite carrier oil (optional)
Boil 2 cups of chopped okra in about 2 cups of water for 15 minutes.
Remove the okra (still in the pot) from the heat, and allow it to steep for about 10 minutes.
Pour the entire contents into an airtight jar, seal, and allow to steep overnight. In the morning, you will have a jar of slimy stuff – pour the slime into a separate container. This slimy mucilage is a good recipe for homemade Hair conditioner
With the leftover okra pods, throw them in the blender (or simply mash them if blender is not available) with a 1/4 cup of water (and some other goodies if you wish), and whip them into a mask that can be left on your face for 15-20 minutes
Shampoo your hair as you normally do. Squeeze out excess water and work the okra gel through your hair from roots to ends. Massage your scalp with the okra as well. Rinse the okra thoroughly from your hair. Squeeze out water from your hair and style as usual. Let your hair air-dry to minimize frizz and damage.
Okra is a rich in Vitamins A, C and K. It also contains Zinc, Copper, Calcium, Folate, Potassium, Thiamine and many other nutrients. Okra can be used to give volume and body to your hair. It can be used as a hair gel, shampoo and conditioner. Okra is known to promote healthy and quicker hair growth, strength and shine.
- Danielle Lasit