The Green Elixir: DIY Olive Leaf Beauty Recipes for Hair and Skin
Olive leaves, often overshadowed by the mighty olive fruit, contain a treasure trove of antioxidants and nutrients that can work wonders for your hair and skin. Let's unlock the secrets of this green elixir with some delightful DIY recipes that harness the power of olive leaves.
1. Olive Leaf Hair Oil Infusion
- 1/2 cup olive leaves (dried or fresh)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Crush the olive leaves to release their natural oils.
- Place the leaves in a clean, dry glass jar.
- Heat the olive oil until warm (not boiling).
- Pour the warm oil over the olive leaves.
- Seal the jar and let it sit in a cool, dark place for at least two weeks.
- Strain the oil, discarding the leaves.
- Use the infused oil as a nourishing hair treatment.
Massage the oil into your scalp and hair, leave it on for an hour or overnight, and then wash it out for soft and shiny locks.
2. Olive Leaf Facial Toner
- 1/2 cup brewed and cooled green tea
- 1/4 cup olive leaf infusion (steep olive leaves in hot water and let cool)
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- Mix the green tea, olive leaf infusion, and witch hazel.
- Transfer the mixture to a clean spray bottle.
- Spritz the toner on your face after cleansing.
This refreshing toner helps balance the skin's pH and provides a burst of antioxidants.
3. Olive Leaf Exfoliating Scrub
- 1/4 cup finely ground olive leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mix the finely ground olive leaves, olive oil, and honey.
- Gently massage the scrub onto damp skin in circular motions.
- Rinse with warm water.
This scrub helps remove dead skin cells, leaving your skin smooth and radiant.
4. Olive Leaf Anti-Aging Face Mask
- 2 tablespoons olive leaf powder
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix the olive leaf powder, yogurt, and honey to form a paste.
- Apply the mask to your face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
This mask is packed with antioxidants to combat signs of aging and promote a youthful glow.
5. Olive Leaf Nourishing Body Butter
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup olive leaf-infused oil
- 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- Melt the shea butter in a double boiler.
- Once melted, let it cool slightly.
- Add the olive leaf-infused oil and aloe vera gel.
- Whip the mixture until it reaches a creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a clean container.
This nourishing body butter deeply moisturizes and soothes the skin.
6. Olive Leaf Foot Soak
- Handful of dried olive leaves
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- Add dried olive leaves to a basin of warm water.
- Mix in Epsom salt.
- Soak your feet for 15-20 minutes.
This foot soak helps relieve tired feet and soften rough skin.
7. Olive Leaf Lip Balm
- 2 tablespoons olive leaf-infused oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Melt the beeswax, coconut oil, and olive leaf-infused oil in a heatproof bowl.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm containers.
- Let it cool and solidify.
This hydrating lip balm keeps your lips soft and supple.
Incorporate these DIY olive leaf beauty recipes into your routine to experience the nourishing and rejuvenating benefits of this underrated botanical gem. Let the green elixir of olive leaves enhance your beauty naturally.
- Danielle Lasit