cHOCOLATE bODY - dIY rECIPES
Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Body Scrub Recipe
Indulge in a luxurious spa experience with this homemade Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Body Scrub. It's perfect for gently exfoliating and nourishing your skin, leaving it soft and rejuvenated.
- Cocoa Butter (2 oz.): Acts as a rich moisturizer and gives the scrub a delightful chocolate scent.
- Coconut Oil (2 oz.): Helps to dissolve the cocoa butter and adds additional moisturizing properties.
- Ground Rolled Oats (3 oz.): Gently exfoliates the skin, removing dead skin cells and smoothing rough areas.
- Almond Meal (1 oz.): Provides gentle exfoliation and nourishment to the skin.
Melt Cocoa Butter: Place cocoa butter in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 1 to 2 minutes until it melts.
Mix Ingredients: Stir in the coconut oil with the melted cocoa butter until completely dissolved. Add the ground rolled oats and almond meal to the mixture.
Create Paste: Combine all the ingredients to form a thick paste.
Storage: Transfer the mixture into a clean, dry jar for storage.
Application: Massage the scrub onto dry areas of the skin, such as arms, legs, knees, or elbows. Rinse thoroughly after use.
Edible Chocolate Body Mousse Recipe
This deliciously indulgent Edible Chocolate Body Mousse is not just a treat for your skin but also a delightful sensory experience.
- Milk Chocolate (24%): Provides a rich, chocolatey base.
- Organic Cocoa Butter (20%): Adds creaminess and moisturizing properties.
- Sunflower Oil (30%): A light oil that nourishes the skin.
- Grapeseed Oil (25%): Rich in antioxidants and supports skin health.
- Vitamin E (1%): Acts as a natural preservative and skin conditioner.
- Liquid Flavors (to taste): Customize the scent according to preference.
Melt Ingredients: Melt the milk chocolate and cocoa butter over a double boiler.
Add Oils: Once melted, add in the sunflower oil, grapeseed oil, and vitamin E. Mix well.
Whipping Process: Transfer the mixture to a stand mixer. Whip intermittently until the mixture cools, becomes opaque, and gains a fluffy texture.
Jar and Enjoy: Store the fluffy mousse in jars. Enjoy as a luxurious skin treat.
Tips for Best Results
- Patch Test: Always do a patch test to ensure you're not allergic to any ingredients.
- Shelf Life: Remember that these homemade products may not last as long as store-bought versions due to the lack of preservatives.
- Temperature Sensitivity: Both recipes may be sensitive to temperature changes, so store them in a cool, dry place.
These homemade body care recipes offer a delightful and natural way to care for your skin, combining the indulgent scents and textures of chocolate and oats. Enjoy a spa-like experience at home with these luxurious, easy-to-make formulations!
- Danielle Lasit